The following information is taken directly from my Spring 2017 ENG 2030 Craft of Poetry Syllabus.
ENG 2030 Craft of Poetry Required Texts and Materials
- Girmay, Aracelis. Black Maria. BOA Editions, 2016. ISBN: 978-1942683025.
- Johnson, Jenny. In Full Velvet. Sarabande Books, 2017. ISBN: 978-1941411377.
- Levin, Dana. Banana Palace. Copper Canyon Press, 2016. ISBN: 978-1556595059.
- Rankine, Claudia. Citizen. Graywolf Press, 2014. ISBN: 978-1555976903.
- Rekdal, Paisley. Imaginary Vessels. Copper Canyon Press, 2016. ISBN: 978-1556594977.
- Sharif, Solmaz. Look. Graywolf Press, 2016. ISBN: 978-1555977443.
- Online Course Reader
- A bound writing journal and writing utensil, required in every class*
*If you have accommodations for the use of a computer at all times, you may complete your writing journal electronically and will not need the bound writing journal. Please be sure that you provide me with your accommodation letter as soon as possible.
A Note About Ordering Books
If you choose not to order from the university bookstore, I encourage you to consider ordering books directly from the publisher. Cutting out the middleman helps ensure that publishers and authors are treated fairly in the transaction. Here are the links to our books on their publishers’ websites:
- Imaginary Vessels by Paisley Rekdal (Copper Canyon)
- Black Maria by Aracelis Girmay (BOA)
- In Full Velvet by Jenny Johnson (Sarabande)
- Banana Palace by Dana Levin (Copper Canyon)
- Citizen by Claudia Rankine (Graywolf)
- Look by Solmaz Sharif (Graywolf)
You can also make a difference with your book purchase by placing a special order with a local or regional bookstore, like Labyrinth Books in Princeton or Black Dog Books in Newton; an independent bookstore with online ordering, like Powell’s or Strand Bookstore; or a philanthropic independent seller like Better World Books.